Toothaches can occur to every age of people. From eight to eighty years of age, anyone can feel toothache. Maybe sharp or sudden, the toothache is scarier. However, there is no same reason for all toothaches.
Home remedies can prevent some tooth pain. But for severe pain in teeth must visit a dentist. Moreover, severe tooth pain causes headaches and swollen face.
Tooth Ache Causes:
- Food Stuck in teeth or gums: This is the most common problem of getting a toothache. Portions of food may stick into teeth, and growing bacteria on stuck food cause infection. That leads to pain.
- Tooth Decay: There are some reasons behind tooth decay, cavities, or caries. Frequent snacking, sipping sugary drinks, poor oral hygiene causes tooth decay and tooth pain. Bleeding gum is the result of tooth decay.Abscessed Tooth: Abscessed tooth occurs by a bacterial infection. It affects different places around teeth and can surround bones or adjacent teeth. Three types of tooth infections cause an abscessed tooth
- Abscessed Tooth: Abscessed tooth occurs by a bacterial infection. It affects different places around teeth and can surround bones or adjacent teeth. Three types of tooth infections cause an abscessed tooth.
Gingival: This infection develops in the gums.
Periapical: Periapical abscess infection that forms at the tip of the root.
Periodontal: Infection starts in bone and tissues around a tooth.
- Wisdom tooth: Wisdom tooth starts pushing the gums between ages 16-21. And it is unbearably painful when it starts erupting.
- Removal of tooth: Removing tooth or pulling out tooth causing tooth pain.
- When you have pain, rinse your mouth with saltwater. Saltwater is a disinfectant and reduces inflammation.
- Rinse the mouth with Hydrogen Peroxide. It helps to reduce pain. But be careful and do not swallow it.
- Clove Oil is a natural antiseptic. Take a cotton ball and dab a small amount of clove oil. Apply the cotton ball to the affected area. It will reduce pain.
- You can apply garlic paste on the affected painful area because garlic kills bacteria and relieves the pain.
- Cold compresses diminish swelling. Hold an ice-wrapped cloth or towel for 20 minutes on the swelling mouth area. Continue it for a few hours.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ):
How to know the tooth infection needs expert treatment?
Answer: If you have hot and cold sensations or pain while chewing, then visit a doctor. Sometimes people get a fever, swollen face, also pain around the neck and head. A dentist may suggest a root canal or pull the damaged tooth and prescribe antibiotics.
How do I know I need a root canal?
Answer: If it is painful for a period, you need to visit the dentist. And he/she may suggest a root canal. An infection on the pulp of your tooth, swollen gums, discoloration, and sensitivity, chipped or cracked tooth indicates you need a root canal.
Why are toothaches worse at night?
Answer: Many people feel shocked by toothache at night. The main reason is our sleeping position at night. The blood flow increases on head and mouth because of sleeping position. The second reason is there is no distraction at night. So people feel the ache badly. Some people also grind their teeth while sleeping. Or some people eat sweets or snacks at night and sleep without brushing. Therefore, they feel severe tooth pain at night.
How can I prevent my toothache?
Answer: Brush twice your teeth properly, must do a half-yearly check-up of your teeth, and use floss to prevent bacterial infection in between teeth.