Vitamin D is a necessary vitamin for our body. But very few food sources provide the vitamin naturally. It is also referred to as ‘Calciferol’. And it is a fat-soluble vitamin. The vitamin supports in the absorption of calcium.
The vitamin is found in two forms. One form is D2, and the other one is D3. Additionally, D2 is called ergocalciferol, whereas D3 is called cholecalciferol. D3 is mainly absorbed through sunshine and some oily fish. And D2 is found in some plants.
The procedure of Vitamin D absorption in the human body:
The human body absorbs vitamin D from sunlight. However, it is a complex process. In this process, the skin absorbs Ultra Violet B (UVB) rays from sunlight. And with help of cholesterol in skin cells, UVB rays synthesize the vitamin. Our kidneys and liver involves in processing and absorbing the vitamin.
Role of the vitamin in our body functions:
The vitamin is crucial for our body’s functioning. It regulates brain development, healthy bone structure, and heart health. Also, it functions to make the nervous system healthy.
Our Parathyroid glands work to balance calcium in our body with the help of vitamins. Therefore, vitamin is essential to balance calcium in our body.
Deficiency Symptoms of Vitamin D:
If you are lacking Vitamin D in daily life you will feel
- Weakness in Muscles
- And the pain in bone
You are at risk of some diseases if you are deficient in Vitamin D
- Rickets: The disease is the result of a deficiency in vitamin D. And rickets is common in 6-24-month children. In this disease, bones weaken and soften.
- Cardiovascular Disease: This vitamin is related to the function of Cardiomyocytes (cells responsible for contractions of the heart) and vascular smooth muscles.
- Severe Asthma in Children
- Immunity system disorder
- Mental Disorder
- Type 2 diabetes as vitamin D balances glucagon and insulin hormones.
- Weak Dental health
- Weight gain or obesity
Causes of Deficiency:
- If you continuously depend on a vegan diet, you are deficient in vitamin D because most food sources are non-vegan.
- You do not go in sunlight, or your skin exposure in sunlight is insufficient. And people who live in northern latitudes lack the vitamin.
- Also, you lack it if your intestine is incapable of absorbing the vitamin. Additionally, some digestive system diseases make it difficult to absorb the vitamin.
- Then, if your kidney is not in good condition, it cannot transform the vitamin into an active form.
- If you have darker skin, your pigment in the skin reduces the ability to absorb the vitamin to sunlight exposure.
Food Sources of Vitamin D:
Some food sources help you provide adequate vitamins. The foods sources are as follows:
- Dairy products include milk, cheese, and yogurt
- Fatty fish include tuna, mackerel, and tuna
- Beef Liver
- Egg Yolks
- Soy milk
- And cereals.
Sufficient Quantity you need daily:
From 1 to 70-year-old one needs 600 IU (International Unit) approximately. And people above 71 years of age need 800 IU of the vitamin.
Vitamin D Supplement:
Supplements are a good source of vitamins. So, the person who does not get enough vitamins of daily requirement can intake supplement.
Risks of higher dose:
If you intake a high quantity of vitamin D, you will feel nausea, vomiting, poor appetite, constipation, weight loss, etc.
This Post Has 2 Comments
Unquestiionably consider that which you stated. Your favorite reason appeared to be
at the internet the simplest factor to have in mind of.
I say to you, I certainly get annoyed at the same time as people thnk about issues
that they just don’t recognize about. You controlled to hit the nail upn the top and also defined out the whole thing with no need side-effects , people can take a signal.
Will likely be back to get more. Thank you!
My page – repair your own car (Dolly)
Thank you, I have recently been searching for info about thhis topic for a long time and yours iis the best I ave discovered
so far. But, what in regards to the conclusion? Are you positive concerning the
Have a look at my website :: afqt examm (Frederick)