Human Body Weight and management of body weight is the most crucial matter nowadays. It is because of our super-fast lifestyle. Less body movement and we use to choose vehicles or avoid outdoor work to save time and energy. Hence, our lifestyle itself is a reason for weight gain. And weight gain or obesity leads to various kinds of issues in our body. Here are some obesity-related health issues you or your near one can face.
- Heart Disease
- High Blood Pressure
- Breathing Problem
- Some Cancers
- Gallbladder diseases or gallstones
Not everyone will face the same problem. For some people, it may be genetic. Ethnicity also plays a role. For instance, Asian people tend to gain weight. And obesity leads to health risks. Now you must know what causes obesity other than an unhealthy lifestyle.
- Economic or Social issues: You may not have proper space for body movement. Or you may depend on fast-food. And do not know how to cook healthy or the importance of it.
- Age and obesity: We all face decreasing in metabolism with aging. Also, aged people less move their body. And this increases their muscle mass that leads to obesity.
- Stress: Stressful people often intake high-calorie food to be relieved from stress. Because high-calorie food or sweets helps reduce stress hormone.
- Pregnancy: Women gain weight during pregnancy. It is natural, but they fail to lose it after the baby is born. And it becomes the reason for obesity.
- Lack of Sleep: A proper sleep is a necessity. Lacking sleep means changes in hormones that increase appetite. Therefore, you may intake more carbohydrates. And more than enough carbohydrates leads to obesity.
So the question that pops in your mind is, How to lose weight if you know you have gained weight. And what diet you should choose to maintain a healthy weight.
Here are 8 tips for you to lose weight:
- Do not skip Breakfast: One may think skipping breakfast can cut calories. But it opposes the thought. Eating a healthy breakfast is a necessity. People who skip breakfast may take more calories throughout the day.
- Eat Regularly: Eating meals at regular intervals of time is required. Eating meals in a sequenced interval of time may help reduce weight.
- Drinking-Water: Drinking 3-4 liters of water is essential. However, people do not follow the quantity and eat besides drinking water. Water suppresses appetite, hence helpful for weight management.
- Add more fibers: Add more fibers to your diet. For instance, adding fresh green vegetables and fruits help to get enough minerals and nutrients. Fibers also boost digestion but do not over intake fibers because it leads to bloating.
- Protein every day: Nails to hair, tip to toe, every cell of our body made of protein. So our body requires protein to maintain it. Protein helps maintain muscle mass. A parameter says people need 1 gm protein for one kilogram of body mass. That means, if you have 70 kg of weight, you must intake 70 gm of protein. Therefore, add pulses, eggs, milk protein to your regular diet.
- Intake in small portions: Try to intake food in small quantities. Take a small bowl of food instead of a plateful. If you do nothing and only reduce portion you will lose weight. In addition, try to eat food every 3-4 hours.
- Add more physical activity: Long hours of sitting at one place may exhaust energy, but it does not mean you will lose weight or burn calories. Physical activity is needed. Therefore add walking steps and exercise into your lifestyle or routine helps in weight management.
- Say no to alcohol: A small peg has many calories. It requires saying no to alcohol if you want to manage your weight and live a healthy lifestyle.
Obesity is not only harmful to the body but also the mind. You become anxious watching your increase in size. That means it disturbs your mind too. Hence, every one of us should be aware of obesity and switch to healthy living. One may consult with a specialist for a diet plan and obesity-related health issues.