Gastric problem is one of the common problems that occur in the stomach. And it is the condition where the stomach membrane layer gets disturbed. Also it leads to various other diseases like Anemia, peritonitis, and Stomach Cancer.
What is the cause of gastritis?
Some Reasons for Gastritis:
- Bacterial Infection: Infection with Helicobacter pylori is the most common reason. Our stomach’s inner lining gets infected by these bacteria. And it must cure on time. Otherwise, the infection can lead to ulcers and stomach cancer.
- Alcohol: Alcohol disturbs and crumbles your stomach. So, it makes the stomach vulnerable to digestive juices.
- Stress Reaction: Stress due to a vital injury, surgery, burns, or severe infections cause acute gastritis. (Acute Gastritis is the unexpected inflammation or swelling in the inner lining of the stomach)
- Certain Drugs: Some pain relievers such as ibuprofen or aspirin can cause acute and chronic gastritis.
- Allergic Reaction: Food allergy can cause a rare type of gastrointestinal inflammation. And the reason behind this inflammation is not understandable.
- Aging: Older adults have increased risks because the stomach lining tends to thin with age.
However, there is also some other reason include fungal infection, radiation, or trauma can cause gastritis.
The symptoms include some common points like,
- Upper Abdominal Pain with the burning ache that becomes worse or better with eating.
- And Nausea
- Loss of Appetite
- Weight Loss
- Feeling of fullness
Chronic gastritis happens when symptoms are ignored or not handled properly. It may get better with constant monitoring and treatment.
Causes of Chronic Gastritis:
- Long-term use of some medications like pain relief medication.
- Excessive alcohol consumption
- Illness like diabetes or kidney failure
- A weak immune system
- Bile flowing into the stomach
- Presence of H.pylori bacteria
When should you call a doctor?
Visit your doctor immediately if you have these symptoms.
- Fever of 100˚F or higher
- Frequent Vomiting
- Stools are black
- Extreme abdominal pain
How to prevent gastritis?
It is an infection. Also it may infect through bacteria or fungi. Therefore you must follow healthy hygiene. Thus, some habits you should follow to prevent the disease are:
- Firstly, the frequent wash of hands while touching food
- Wash utensils properly with soap water
- Cook your food appropriately so that it will suppress bacteria or any contamination.
- Eat smaller meals throughout the day
- Avoid fatty, fried, or acid-making foods.
- Reduce alcohol consumption
Gastritis Diet Plan:
To reduce the chances of gastric issues one should eat high-fiber food, like vegetables, fruits, etc. Cut on caffeine, consume low fat, and also avoid carbonated drinks. And drink plenty of water. Also one can also include these foods in the diet,
- Coconut Juice