You may often feel heartburn, bloating, and indigestion when your stomach acid backs up into oesophagus (the food pipe). However acidity relief with these effective home remedies.
A burning sensation may irate you from few minutes to several hours. And it is very uncomfortable feeling which you want to reduce quickly.
Here read what causes heartburn and which foods trigger it.
Our stomach naturally has acids that help to break down the food we eat. And our stomach does not irate by it. However, our oesophagus does.
When you swallow food, a band of muscle around the bottom of your food pipe (oesophagus) relaxes to allow food & liquid to flow down into your stomach. If the lower oesophageal sphincter weakens stomach acid can flow up and cause heartburn.
Some foods that trigger acidity are:
- Alcohol or carbonated beverages
- Spicy foods
- Citrus products
- Fatty or fried foods
- Large fatty meals
- Citrus foods
Some effective home remedies for acidity relief:
- Ajwain or Carom Seeds: Right after eating consumption a pinch of ajwain aka carom seeds can relieve acidity. It is useful for digestion and an effective anti-acidic agent.
- Saunf or Fennel: Take 1 teaspoon of fennel powder and have it with a glass of Luke warm water. It is not only good for relieving heartburn but also cure indigestion and bloating.
- Cloves: Cloves are full of antioxidants. Suck a clove piece to get rid of acidity and its symptoms like indigestion, gastric irritability, and bloating.
- Ginger: Ginger is a great anti-inflammatory. So intake raw ginger or tea to prevent acidity or symptoms. It also improves digestion.
- Buttermilk: The lactic acid and probiotics in buttermilk normalize the acidity and give your stomach relaxation. Also, one can drink a glass of buttermilk topped with black pepper to ease your symptoms of acidity.
- Papaya: Papaya helps reduce gastric acid secretion. The papain enzyme in Papaya boosts the digestion procedure.
- Almonds: Almonds are fiber and nutrition-rich dry fruit. Due to their high nutritional value, almonds can help digestion and diet-related factors.
- Cardamom: Every day one pod of cardamom not just only feels refreshed in the mouth, but also boosts digestion and helps in acidity relief.
- Cold Milk: Drinking a glass of cold milk without sugar can reduce heartburn and acidity in minutes.
- Watermelon juice: You can get acidity relief by drinking a glass of watermelon. It helps to hydrate you as well as feel good.
The symptom of acidity may vary. Sometimes your acidity may be in control by drinking water or with any of the home remedies. But with an increase in severity, you may feel pain in the stomach. One must visit to doctor for medication help in case of severity. Additionally, daily exercising and a healthy diet can boost your digestion and metabolism. And help all enzymes and hormones to be in balance.