Bones are the structure and hold our body. Therefore, taking care of bone health is crucial. Bones anchor muscles, store calcium and protect all organs.
However, our unawareness & unhealthy lifestyle leads to loss of bone mass. We reach our highest bone mass up to the age of 30. After that, men and women start losing bone mass and density if not careful.
Here, know the reasons for the risk of bones and natural ways to save bones.
Reasons for Bone Health Risk:
- Physical Inactivity: Physically inactive persons are more at risk of osteoporosis than physically active people.
- Amount of calcium intake in daily diet: If we do not intake an adequate quantity of calcium in our daily diet, it leads to losing bone density.
- Alcohol Consumption: Daily alcohol consumption results in the risk of bone health for both men and women.
- Improper Diet: Eating disorders mean not having essential minerals, vitamins, and weight loss or gain. And this disorder affects your bones badly.
- Hormonal Imbalance: Our diet and physical activity are closely related to balancing hormone levels. And the hormonal imbalance results in bone mass loss. Thyroid hormone imbalance, oestrogen hormone level reduction after menopause, testosterone hormone imbalance is reasons for weak bone health.
- Some Medications: Long-term intake of certain medication damages the bone. Medicines like corticosteroids, serotonin reuptake inhibitors, anti-seizures medications are the reason for damage.
- Gender plays a role: Women have fewer bone tissues than men, so women are at more risk of osteoporosis than men.
Improve Bone Health in 6 natural remedies:
- Be physically active: Physical exercise, training, and weight-bearing exercise promote the formation of bones. In addition, weight-bearing exercises are beneficial for warding off bone loss in older adults as well as young people. A strength exercise not only helps gain muscle mass but also prevents bone loss.
- Eat enough calcium diet: Calcium is the most important mineral for bone health. It is essential because the old bone is broken down and replaced by new bone. So, to protect bones one must eat calcium daily. Every day one adult needs to intake 1000 mg calcium per day.
- Avoid a Low-calorie diet: Many people adopt a low-calorie diet for weight loss. But this diet ends up slowing metabolism and muscle mass loss. And muscle mass harms bone mass.
- Maintain a stable and healthy weight: By maintaining a healthy and balanced bodyweight you can prevent bone detriment. Obesity or weight gain stress on bones. On the other hand, underweight people are at risk of suffering osteopenia or osteoporosis. Additionally, repeatedly weight gain and loss have damage to bones. Therefore, one must maintain a healthy weight for bone health.
- Consume Omega 3: Omega 3 works as an anti-inflammatory. Omega 3 fatty acids help build bones and muscle strength. Hence, adding food inhibits omega3 in the diet.
- Have enough protein: Researchers have found that low protein eating decreases calcium absorption in the body. Thus, one needs to eat enough protein to maintain bone health.
As we know, bone is the structure of our body. So it is obvious to take care of bone health in all stages of life. In our rapid lifestyle, we tend to forget to manage health, and soon we face weak bone density. However, certain lifestyle changes can prevent the issue.